Monday, August 27, 2012

The Tiniest Eggs in the World

Cleopatra - My Silver Phoenix                  c. Shobe Biz Communications

I guess my Silver Phoenix, Cleopatra, didn't get the text.

Her breed is an ancient Japanese breed that traces its heritage to over 1,000 years ago. People were smaller then and miniscule eggs were fine. But, now? 

They don't fit in the egg carton and they don't fit in the hardboiled steamer that I recently bought. But, as Mako, a friend of mine said, they make the perfect egg popper!

What can you do with small eggs? My Chicken Women Facebook page friends overwhelming said to pickle them. Melissa even posted a recipe for pickling quail eggs. Even though these are chicken eggs, I'm sure they'll taste just the same. I haven't tried the recipe yet. But, once I have a dozen or so, I think I'll pop them into the vinegar and see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: